Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Guatemala MTC - August 18, 2010

¡Hola mi familia y amigos! So these keyboards are very different... Don´t expect this to be perfect. I only have twenty minutes today so it will be fast. So I´m definitely not in Provo anymore. It is very very very different here. On the flight to Guatemala, we flew through a lot of lightning and a lot of rain. It was pretty scary, but very very cool at the same time. They played the Office on the flight. That drove me crazy because I couldn´t watch it. I gained the courage to ask for a Dr. Pepper on the flight. It was diet but it worked. So once we landed the rain stopped. We went through customs and immigration very quickly. They let anyone in this country it seems. We went outside; I was the first one out there. I saw a guy with a sign saying MTC so I approached him. I got to him and he was like, ¿Habla español? I was like you got to be kidding me... Haha. He then called his buddy and he showed up in a School bus, really ghetto I might add. We had to wait forever just on a street by the airport for another flight from Miami to come in. There ended up being 51 of us total that flew in. As we were waiting, we decided to check out this little makeshift vendor that was right by us. We bought drinks from them (didn´t get sick from them thank goodness). I got a Spanish Sprite :) The guys that were in charge of taking us decided to take our bus full to the MTC while the others waited. I was on the first bus. As soon as we started driving, it started to pour. Like legitimate pour. Streets were semi flooded within minutes. It was soooo sweeet. After the scariest school bus ride of my life, we arrived to the MTC. It was like 10 something pm when we got there. We were welcomed by the few missionaries that weren´t shipped out. Ryan being one of them! It was so cool to see him. He has already bought 6 soccer jerseys for like 35 American dollars. Way legit. Ryan is in my zone, which means he is on my floor and I have sports/gym time with him. My new companion is Elder Bishop. He is from Orem, Utah. I always get the Utah kids. My districts name is Abinadi (say that Mexican/Guatemalan like). I’m rooming with one of the kids I talked to on Facebook before, so that is pretty legit. His name is Elder Shaw. We ended up getting to bed at like 1. It was pretty ridiculous. This morning it has just been getting to know the MTC. We walked out to see the gym... Super ghetto. It is two concrete basketball courts. The hoop is also a goal. It is strange... As mail goes. Another Elder told me that if you send a DearElder before Midnight on Sunday, I´ll get it Wed. or Thurs. Try that. The pouch is a one to two week process sadly. I can still email 30 minutes every week, maybe longer. I still don´t know what day that will be, so you´ll just have to wait I guess. I’m definitely being submersed in Spanish.... There are 70 something whites and 30 Latinos I guess. One of the instructors said to me is your name Bitner or biner. He is like wait I´m beaner not you he made me laugh. Well they are kicking me off..... All is well. I love you all. It was nice talking to you for a bit yesterday. Love yoU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment