Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Email 5 March 2012

Heyyy,
Right now I’m very tired... Just played basketball with some members. They killed us, which is actually really embarrassing to be honest. They are the two best Guatemalans that I have ever seen play. Bergeson and I are going to have to step up our game next week. I did horrible. I hate playing on outdoor courts. They are the worst. Now we are going to play soccer too, so today is going to be a very tiring one for me sadly. P-Days are supposed to be relaxing days haha.
So this past week has been good. The weather is changing slowly. It is starting to get hot-ish now...but nothing compared to Arizona obviously. The weirdest thing about the weather has been the wind. There has been so much wind lately. It is ridiculous! Blows a ton of dirt in my eyes, and that is never fun.
Celis and I spent a lot of time with our two recent converts and the lady they live with again. Painted some more...and ate some more. Every time we go there they give us something to eat or drink. Usually both... Makes me feel bad, but they love doing it supposedly! That is what they tell us at least. Found out that is where we have lunch on my birthday too. They are planning something special now, so we'll see what comes of that.
The coolest thing about this week was divisions... This time with Sicotte, my companion from the MTC, though. Sicotte and I did do something fun though... There is this super nice restaurant (one of the nicest in Xela) right up the hill from my house that we wanted to eat at, so we went! It is called "Casa del Prado". It basically is just Italian food...but has a few other things too. Bergeson and another Elder met us there and we all ate together. They all got salmon, which was the most expensive thing at 141 Quetz (roughly 17 bucks). They each gave me a bite and it was really good. I got a pasta that had shrimp and olives. The olives were disgusting... Picked them out one by one because I couldn’t stand actually eating them. Loved the shrimp however. We all ordered virgin piña coladas too... Those were remarkable. One of my favorite things to drink by far. The place had an amazing view too, so that made it even better. Would be the ideal place to take a lady friend on a date haha. The restaurant was so good though...
So a really nice lady in our ward did a really nice thing for me this past week... We went and gave her dad a blessing on Friday because he isn’t doing too well. She called me Thursday night and told me he wanted us to give it to him for some reason. Who knows why, but we were happy to do it of course. We went to her house and did the blessing...then she pulled out a black bag for me. It contained a brand new pair of shoes custom fitted to my feet. Very nice quality for sure... People in this ward are ridiculously nice. Love them... By the way, do you guys happen to know anyone going to New York soon? I want a bunch of leaves from the Sacred Grove to hand out to the people here. Everyone has seen mine now and always ask if I have more. Regretfully I always have to say no. That would be something really cool to give everyone if I can pull it off. I know that will be hard though.
Played with a huge dog this past week. When I say huge, I mean the thing was a giant haha.
Friday we lost water... Saturday we lost power, so we had neither of the two until the afternoon. Cool, right? haha.
But yeah, we are still looking for investigators. Found one this past week......need a lot more than that obviously. Our new Ward Mission Leader was called yesterday (happens to be the husband of the lady that gave me the shoes...really awesome family), so we will see what we can do new with him. Life is good as you can imagine though. Anyways, I hope you all have a great week! Miss you all. Love you all.
Take care,
Elder Bitner

Note from Mom - I am a little embarrassed about this shoe thing - we have asked and asked how they were holding up and he kept saying he was "fine".  I know they don't have his size in Guatemala.  How nice for this family to do this for him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment