Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Email 1 November 2010

Family and friends,
I’m going to start out with something that is a little personal to me that I experienced last night actually. Probably one of the most spiritual experiences I have ever had. My companion and I were visiting Little Josue. Over the past few days he has had a very bad pain in his mouth. It looked to me as if it was some sort of infection in side of his cheek. Didn’t look very good though. First off, when we got to the Tortilleria or whatever it is called, Josue wasn’t in there. His mom told us he was out back. We found him with his shirt half way off, wrapped around his hands, huddled next to a little fire his mom was using to cook some corn. He was shivering more than anyone I have ever seen. My companion immediately took off his sweater and gave it to him. As we were visiting with him, my companion had a feeling we should give him a blessing to help with his mouth. I was having the same feeling, so I proceeded to anoint, and he gave the blessing. Throughout the blessing, I had an overwhelming feeling come over me that we needed to just be straight up and say be healed. I couldn’t really say anything to my comp about it, so I proceeded to continually pray in my heart about it. We finished and went back to our house, and I started changing. My companion sat down on his chair and just had a very extremely puzzled look on his face. I asked if he was okay and he said that while he was giving the blessing, he had a feeling to just heal Josue straight up, but he didn’t know how to in Spanish and he didn’t want to make a mistake. I told him I was having the same feeling throughout it. We prayed, and then felt that it was right to go back and give another. Before we started, I knelt down next to Josue and asked him, "Josue, do you have faith that you can be healed?" He replied yes, and we started. As soon as we started it, a bunch of fireworks started going off... But we pushed through. I still don’t even know if he is having any issues or not, but hopefully, the three of us, had the amount of faith necessary to complete such a miracle. I honestly can’t describe the feeling I was having throughout it. It was spectacular... The priesthood is real. The manifestation of the spirit is real.
Anyways, let’s move on...
So I had my conference in Xela. It was boring, but I understood everything in Spanish on my own. That was neat. Also, for lunch, they bought everyone their own medium Pizza Hut pizza. It was freaking beautiful haha. Mail though did not come. We were supposed to have interviews with President up in Huehue, so they said they would bring it then... Guess what, the interviews didn’t happen because of some huge protest somewhere between Xela and Huehue, so I’m still without handwritten mail. Sucks. I have another conference this Wednesday though with Elder Clark (Pres of Central America), so hopefully I’ll see something good there. Perhaps one of your packages, or my CCM teacher said he sent me a package, so I should at least have that one! :) Cuque is the man... I’m telling him he can fly home with me if he wants, so you might get a Latino with your Gringo ;) He knows English though. Haha.
Another cool experience... I told you guys about Yani last week I think. She was having doubt about J. Smith. We read Joseph Smith History with her (my idea) and she said she knew he was a prophet. Then we watched the Joseph Smith movie with her (also my idea) and after the movie, before we even said anything, this is what she said, "I have absolutely no doubts anymore about J. Smith. So the only thing I lack now is a baptismal date! When can we do it?" My companion and I were straight up shocked. I didn’t even know what to do haha. Looks like we will be having a baptism sometime this week though!
But yeah, I’m officially 3 months through this whole deal. I finished the Book of Mormon in English on my 3 month anniversary. Should have been a lot sooner if it wasn’t for my reading of it in Spanish in the CCM. I regret that. Oh well. The Book of Mormon is pretty legit though... Can’t lie about that haha.
There were a lot of Zone boundary changes over the past week... I wrote about those in my letter though, so I’m not going to talk about that. Boring anyways.
One thing I have really been missing is legit Costco Milk... Stuff here straight up sucks. I want a red cup of milk right now. haha. It is sad. My comp and I started a collection of Frutada wrappers though! We have like 60 right now haha. We have been dealing with a lot of fleas at night. We wake up in the morning with so many bites. It sucks. Send me something good to protect myself. Oh funny story. We went to see this guy out in the boonies. He has a huge dog..... You can probably see where this is going haha. The dog started barking at us. Kind of gentle, very deep bark, so we weren’t very scared. Then it got closer and closer. My companion threw a rock, and then it straight up started running at us. My companion tripped right away, while I was like a hundred feet away haha. Luckily, his falling scared the dog away, so neither of us got hurt. It was so scary though. Not for me as much because I didn’t fall, but whatever haha.
My companion bought a portable DVD player the other day. Practically every Elder but me has one. We watched Suits on the Loose yesterday before lunch/after church and again this morning. haha. Great movie :) Yesterday for Lunch we had fast food (Pollo Campero). Soo goood. Also, our lunch lady bought us this big thing of Pepsi! So yummy. Caffeine is amazing :) For dinner, the people we always eat with gave us Coke too! Yesterday was just a very good day :) haha.
I bought 2 ties. One for Dad and one for Derek. We’ll see when I get those out though. I’ll probably send a Christmas package home. I also have this Xela Temple Pin for mother. I have had it since the CCM. It is on my suit right now, but that will come too :)
I’m loving the mission though. Sometimes it would go by a lot faster but that might be too much to ask haha. I’m starting to see the importance of this work more and more. I love it. I love you all. I miss you all, but it is time to serve Jesus and God. Their time, their work. Love you guys again! Be happy always!!!
Love,
Elder Bitner :)
Hopefully this week was long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment