Monday, February 6, 2012

Email 6 February 2012

My shrimp
Hey there friends,
Things are the same as usual... Luckily this past week has been a better one than the others. Really enjoyed it. Went really fast too. Go Giants! and Happy Birthday to Rachel tomorrow :) Too the week...
Good news first. We have 2 baptisms for this Saturday, the 11th. Patricia and her daughter finally said that they would get baptized! Exciting right? haha. We went and visited them on Tuesday night. I was just like, "So do you want to get baptized yet?" Surprisingly she said, "I’m pretty sure I do." I was a happy little guy. On Thursday we had another lesson with them. We even took a member... Pretty sure that visit helped a lot. The guy we took is super smart in the church. He may like to talk a bit much, but he is "pilas", which means awesome basically. She automatically opened up to him... Asked him to go visit her son. All kinds of stuff. It was crazy in my mind. She really liked the guy, and I really liked the fact that we took him there with us. Helped us out a too. They should actually get baptized on Saturday at 4, and I’m really happy for that :) It will be a good little miracle for me. Really excited for that day.
That was really the only good thing about the week haha. That is definitely the only thing that made it better than the others...but I did do some hardcore cleaning. My bathroom looks so good now. I’m still amazed every time I enter it haha. May have cut myself a few times doing the cleaning, but it was worth it in the end. I feel like I’m always the one that has to be doing the cleaning in all my houses though. Missionaries are very messy people. It can get pretty gross depending on where you are. Luckily, I haven’t had it too bad. I guess all my hard cleaning at home has really taught me something ;) hahaha we all know that didn't happen. I never helped clean really. Now I think I might...
Friday was my companion's birthday. Elder Celis turned 21... He is older than me, which makes me a little sad actually. We were able to have a good little day though. For breakfast, I bought him McDonalds, which is always good because McDonalds is one of the nicest places to eat in Guatemala. They really consider it high quality here. Weird? Very. For lunch we ate with our Bishop. He always goes all out. They gave us shrimp... That was a surprise to me. When his wife gave it to me, I was like, "How do I eat these?" haha. They had to teach me how to eat them... I actually thought they were really good, but after I felt like I had a slight allergic reaction to it. My throat felt all weird, so I took a Benadryl. Nothing happened really, but I’m slightly nervous to eat that kind of stuff. I plan on trying a bunch of it in the states now. I think I might actually like lobster, so I want to give at least that a try. Bishop also gave us cake and donuts though. They even had candles! haha. I paid for the both of us to get haircuts too, so we are both looking "fresh". Dinner was a food from Honduras called "baliatas" (I think that is how it is spelled at least). The Sister missionaries and their investigator/member family made them for us. They were really good. I’m sure Billy is eating those things like crazy... haha. But yeah, at the end of the day he was a happy little kid and so was I. I guess that means it was a "birthday success".
Something that has kind of came out of nowhere is stormy weather. Starting Friday night we have had rain and thunder and lightning every day. Right now it looks pretty clear out, but that will change within the next few hours or so. It always knocks out the power for a while too, so they are pretty intense storms. The thunder is probably some of the loudest I have ever heard, so it is quite cool for me since I love storms.
That has basically been everything though... As of now, we'll have 2 baptisms this week, and more in the near future hopefully. Changes are next week though, so we'll see what happens with that I guess. I got a feeling I might just stay put for another change, but we shall see.
Well, take care and enjoy this week. Be happy little people :)
Love Forever and Always,
Elder Bitner
A lady gave me a garbage bag for my head, borrowed umbrella for the picture
What it is like in all our power outages

No comments:

Post a Comment